Before First Use
- Wash all diapers and inserts prior to first use.
New inserts initially will need to be washed 3-4 times before they become fully absorbent.
- Hang diapers to dry.
- Inserts may be put in the tumble dryer on low to med heat at this stage to encourage absorbency.
Recommended Wash Routine
- We recommend washing diapers, at a minimum, every 3-4 days.
- Remove solid waste (unless exclusively breastfeeding).
- Remove inserts from the pockets.
- Rinse heavily wetted/soiled diapers and inserts to reduce lingering smells.
- Pre-wash in cold to warm water with little or no detergent (15-30mins).
Wash in warm to hot water with the appropriate amount of detergent for water level (45mins). Be sure to use the appropriate water level for the load size.
- To prolong the life of your diapers, hang them to dry.
Once dry, stuff inserts into pockets ready for next use.
Things To Avoid
Although we do not recommend using the tumble dryer, if you decide to, please be sure to use a low heat setting to reduce additional wear and tear on the fibers. (Please note that excessive tumble dryer use may break materials down quicker, and could void the warranty.)
Do not use fabric softener or detergents that contain fabric softener. This will reduce the absorbency of the fabrics.
Do not put microfiber inserts directly on your baby's skin. This will draw all the moisture out of your baby's skin and can lead to a rash.
- Don't worry...You've got this!
"At the end of the day, it's only laundry."
You've got this!